Zoom U-24 Overview
The U-24 from Zoom is a compact, 2-in/4-out audio interface with 48V phantom power that provides all of the essential tools you need for recording and performing high-resolution, 24-bit/96 kHz audio anywhere you go. It can be used to connect to your Mac or Windows computer, or iPad* via USB, to record with mics, instruments, and more.
The U-24 interface uses the same high-quality, low-noise preamps as the Zoom H5 and H6 handy recorders. It features two TRS/XLR combo jacks for inputs, MIDI In/Out, two TRS 1/4″ unbalanced jack outputs, RCA line-level outputs and a standard stereo headphone jack. In addition, it is powered by two AA batteries, providing up to four hours of continuous operation with phantom power turned off. The U-24 includes a download code for Ableton Live 9 Lite software to get you started right away.
Purchasers of the U-24 can also register for a free download of a special version of Pro Tools | First, which contains a valuable collection of twenty-one AAX audio software plug-ins.
- The Go-Everywhere Interface
- The bus-powered U-24 packs all the essential tools into a compact unit that fits in the palm of your hand. Record with mics, instruments, and more at home or on the go – the U-24 is iPad* compatible and small enough to take anywhere. It can run on two AA batteries for recording in any remote location.
* Requires two AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power, plus an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter for connection to iPad.
- Pristine Recording and Playback
- Inspired by the Zoom H-series recorders, the U-24 is equipped with high-performance, low-noise mic preamps (-119.5 dB EIN) that enable recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. You can also use U-24 as a studio-quality headphone amp and listen to your favorite music in full fidelity.
- Get Connected with the U-24
- The U-24 is equipped with an essential collection of inputs and outputs for streamlined recording. Two combo inputs with independent gain knobs and multi-color level indicators allow you to connect mics, keyboards, mixers, and more. 48V phantom power can be supplied to both inputs, and input 1 supports Hi-Z for connecting guitars, basses, or other passive instruments. MIDI input and output jacks allow you to use devices like keyboards, controllers, synthesizers, and drum machines.
- Your Mix, Your Way
- The U-24 has flexible monitoring options for dialing in the perfect mix with zero latency. Balance the cue and main out signals when you’re DJ’ing, or create a mix of click-track and main-out signals during live performances. Each connector and knob is strategically positioned for fast access, so you can set up and control the U-24 with ease.
- Create More with Your U-24
- When you combine the U-24 with Ableton Live 9 Lite, you have everything the modern music creator needs. Record your tracks quickly and intuitively, enhancing them with studio-quality effects like EQ, compression, reverb, delay, chorus, filter, and more.