Upgrade the audio quality in your video productions by switching from the built-in mic on your camera to the Sennheiser MKE 600 battery- or phantom-powered shotgun microphone. Its focused directional characteristics and resistance to structure-borne noise offer sonic results well suited to a variety of production scenarios from independent films and web series to nature shows and documentaries.
The MKE 600’s high sensitivity and low-noise circuitry unlock improved sound quality without extreme gain on noisy camera preamps. With a natural roll-off at 40 Hz and a selectable low-cut filter at 100 Hz, the MKE 600 can deliver clear intelligibility while attenuating low-frequency noise such as rumble. Plus, its frequency response incorporates a gentle rise in treble to enhance speech clarity.
The lightweight and durable metal housing ensures reliable toughness without weighing down your rig. The included shoe shockmount accommodates mounting the MKE 600 to a camera or tripod. Connect the mic’s XLR output to an XLR-equipped mic preamp or use the supplied adapter cable to plug it into the 3.5mm mic input on a camera.
- Quality Sound
- The 10″ long MKE 600 uses an interference tube and a supercardioid/lobar polar pattern to provide pronounced directivity on-axis along with significant attenuation of sound entering at the sides and rear, making the MKE 600 far more effective at capturing distant sources than the omnidirectional mics found in most cameras.
- Bass Roll-Off
- The MKE 600 naturally reduces sub-bass frequencies below 40 Hz to prevent unnatural bass buildup. Activate the switchable low-cut filter at 100 Hz to roll off more low-frequency noise from common sources such as air conditioners and traffic.
- Battery or Phantom Powered
- Thanks to its 3-pin XLR output and compliance with 48 VDC phantom powering, the MKE 600 is compatible with a variety of handheld audio recorders, field recorders, and mixer adapters, as well as built-in preamps on many camcorders and cinema cameras.
When using devices that don’t offer phantom power, the MKE 600 may be powered for up to 150 hours by a single AA battery (included). Approximately 8 hours of operating time remain once the low-battery indicator lights up red. Use the on/off switch to prevent unnecessary battery drain.
- Ideal for Camera, Tripod, or Boompole Mounting
- The MKE 600 includes a shoe shockmount for easy placement on your camera or a tripod. To mount the MKE 600 on a boompole or mic stand, use the Rycote InVision INV-HG mkIII shockmount (available separately), which will also impede the transfer of vibrations between your boompole/stand and the mic.
- XLR to 3.5mm TRS Adapter Cable for Cameras
- Included with a MKE 600 is a short coiled adapter cable—XLR female to 3.5mm TRS male—that lets you connect the mic directly into a mini-jack mic input on a camera.
- Windscreen Minimizes Wind Noise
- The MKE 600 has a foam windscreen to reduce unwanted wind noise from breezes, fans, heaters, and air conditioners by up to 25 dB. Enhanced attenuation of wind noise is possible with the addition of an optional windshield such as the Rycote 15cm Super-Softie, which also provides high immunity to rain.
For maximum reduction of handling noise and wind noise in indoor or outdoor environments, consider a complete windjammer, windshield, and shockmount suspension system such as the Rycote Super-Blimp NTG or the large Rycote Super-Shield Kit (both available separately).