This Rode NTG5 Shotgun Microphone Kit from B&H allows you to boom the mic with a lightweight K-Tek KE-89CC aluminum boompole, great for capturing high-quality audio when shooting videos, films, or documentaries.
The kit includes a lightweight NTG5 shotgun mic with custom-designed shockmount and furry windshield for vibration and wind protection. The boompole expands from 2′ 5″ to 7′ 6″ and features an internal XLR cable.
Rode NTG5 Moisture-Resistant Short Shotgun Microphone
Shorter and lighter than the NTG3 and with a flatter bass response, the Rode NTG5 moisture-resistant shotgun microphone lets you capture natural, uncolored sound indoors or outside for your next indie film, TV shoot, or documentary project without weighing down your rig.
Professional-level features such as ultralow-noise circuitry, a smooth off-axis response, and a tightly controlled low end make it ideal for a range of location recording scenarios. Plus, it includes a furry windshield and a pistol grip shockmount that can be attached to a boompole for increased versatility.
The NTG5’s extremely high sensitivity allows it to produce robust output levels without having to apply extreme gain at your mic preamp. Sonically, the NTG5 delivers acoustic transparency due to its pioneering circular acoustic ports, gentle rise in high frequencies, and rumble-reducing attenuation of low bass frequencies. Its switch- and dial-free design lets you set up quickly and focus on the sound instead of fiddling with various mic settings. RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure reliable performance even in severe conditions.
- Designed to Withstand Adverse Environmental Conditions
- When your work takes you outdoors, you’re bound to encounter humidity and condensation, which can cause many mics to fail. The NTG5’s RF-bias technology and conformal coating provide excellent resistance to moisture, cold, and dust, allowing you to reliably capture high-quality audio in normal and adverse environmental conditions.
- Broadcast-Quality Sound
- The NTG5 was engineered for transparency and all-weather performance. The combination of the NTG5’s 8″ long body, revolutionary circular acoustic ports, and supercardioid polar pattern yields focused on-axis directionality, smooth off-axis response, and a transparent tone with a tightly controlled low end. Its ultralow self-noise of 10 dBA and highly sensitive condenser element communicate detailed audio unburdened by the hiss that plagues many low-cost microphones.
- Phantom Powered
- Thanks to its 3-pin XLR output and compliance with 48 VDC phantom power, the NTG5 is compatible with a variety of handheld audio recorders, field recorders, and mixer adapters as well as built-in preamps on many camcorders and cinema cameras. The included short XLR cable—designed for use with the supplied pistol grip—features Neutrik and Switchcraft connectors and an integrated strain-relief junction box.
- Ideal for Handheld Operation or Boompole Mounting
- The NTG5 includes the PG2-R pistol grip shockmount, which impedes the transfer of vibrations to the microphone, and accommodates comfortable handheld operation or placement on a boompole. A mic clip is supplied in case you need to affix the NTG5 to a standard mic stand in a studio.
- Windshield and Windscreen for Reduction of Wind Noise
- The NTG5 has a foam windscreen to reduce unwanted light wind noise from fans, heaters, and air conditioners. For maximum reduction of wind noise in indoor or outdoor environments, swap the windscreen for the included furry windshield.
K-Tek KE-89CC Avalon Series Aluminum Boompole with Internal XLR Cable
The K-Tek KE-89CC Avalon Series Aluminum Boompole provides a moderately priced, lightweight boompole solution for ENG, EFP, and other field recording applications. Its sturdy aluminum design is tough enough to endure the rigors of road use, while remaining lightweight and travel-worthy. This pole features an internal coiled cable and an XLR connection at the base of the pole. A total of four aluminum sections telescope between 2′ 5″ to 7′ 6″ and will easily store in any standard equipment case. The captive-collet coupling system locks each section in place for even further reliability.
- Internal coiled XLR cable and connection at the base
- The KE-89CC features a bottom-mounted three-pin XLR connection
- Designed to fit in any standard equipment case, for ENG, EFP, and DV location production work
- Jam-resistant collar coupling
- Unique pole-top design with cable retention slots and replaceable stainless steel mounting stud