Built for speed, versatility, and reliability, the Canon EOS R3 combines the technology from their mirrorless EOS R system with the robustness and performance you’d expect from a flagship DSLR. Revolving around a new full-frame stacked sensor, updated AF performance, and refined body design, the EOS R3 is first 3-Series camera since the film era and plants itself as a fast-shooting, flexible, and contemporary mirrorless camera.
Among the most significant technologies in the R3 is the 24.1MP stacked sensor which affords truly fast readout speeds to help reduce rolling shutter distortion and benefit fast continuous shooting and video recording applications. This full-frame BSI CMOS sensor is also benefitted by an updated DIGIC X processor, which helps boost the overall speed for up to 30 fps continuous shooting with an electronic shutter, 6K 60p raw and 4K 120p video recording, and intelligent Dual Pixel CMOS II autofocus with Eye Control AF for intuitive focus point selection.
The R3 is also the first EOS R-series camera to feature a built-in vertical grip, making it an ergonomic choice for long shooting times and for seamlessly switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations. The rugged body design also incorporates a high-resolution 5.76m-dot OLED EVF and a 3.2″ vari-angle touchscreen LCD, along with dual memory card slots, wireless and wired connectivity, and an updated Multi-Function Shoe design for expanded accessory compatibility.
Full-Frame Stacked Sensor and DIGIC X Processor
24.1MP BSI Stacked CMOS Sensor
DIGIC X Processor
A manual shutter is also available, and offers a top continuous shooting speed of 12 fps, with a buffer of more than 1000 frames, along with a top flash sync speed of 1/250 sec.
6K Raw and DCI/UHD 4K Video Recording
Autofocus and Image Stabilization
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II
Eye Control AF
Sensor-Shift Image Stabilizer
5.76m-Dot EVF and Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
In addition to the EVF, a 3.2″ vari-angle LCD is also available and benefits working high, low, and front-facing angles. The flexible position is complemented by a touchscreen interface and the impressive 4.15m-dot resolution allows for vivid playback and live view monitoring.
Professional-Grade Body Construction
Dual Memory Card Slots
There is also a built-in GPS module, which is compatible with GLONASS and QZSS, for in-camera location tagging to help streamline any geotagging and timestamp needs.
Next-Generation Multi-Function Shoe
Firmware Version 1.1.1, Released Feb 2022
- Adds the ability to use Smart phone link adapter AD-P1.
- Adds the ability, when using EOS Utility or Browser Remote for remote shooting with two cards inserted, to set the recording method and select the card to be recorded to.
- Adds the ability to cancel [Subject Tracking] by pressing the Quick Control and then buttons.
- Adds Ukrainian as an option to the language of “Browser Remote”.
Improves operation stability during FTP transfer.
- Fixes an issue that in rare instances, the camera may become inoperable when shooting in the Servo AF setting while operating the AF-ON button.
- Fixes an issue in which the camera cannot be used as an access point if the camera is being used in a region that only support 2.4GHz bandwidth for Wi-Fi connections.